Elon Musk continues dispute over Twitter takeover on Twitter

Elon Musk and Twitter are suing each other. Now, Musk is involving his followers on Twitter and challenging the Twitter CEO.

After Elon Musk and Twitter sued each other, the Dispute about the number of fake and spam accounts on Twitter now continued on this same platform. So we’ll have more entertainment until the court hearing in October.

Elon Musk demands evidence from Twitter CEO

The dispute over the takeover of Twitter by Elon Musk is entering the next round. It is still about the number of fake accounts on the platform. Now Musk has challenged Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal to a public debate. He should therefore prove that less than 5% of the daily active users on Twitter are fake or spam accounts.

His too Musk included followers on Twitter in the debate. So he created a survey in which around 820. of his 102,8 million followers participated. When asked if they believe less than 5% of daily active users are fake or spam, only around 35% of his followers answered yes. The remaining 65% chose “Lmaoooo no” as their answer – so No.

Musk appeared to be a bot himself

The app Botometer, with which Elon Musk once determined the number of bots on Twitter, apparently at times thought he was one himself. Chris Bail already announced this in May of this year. In the application’s ranking, Musk’s account received a score of 3.5, indicating that it had “bot-like activity” detected . In the meantime, however, his score is a fairly human value of 1.

Basically, the botometer is a learning algorithm developed at Indiana University . This is trained to determine a score based on the activities of a Twitter account. Based on this, it can then be determined how likely it is that a bot controls the analyzed account.

Hardly a day goes by without news on the Twitter front

After Elon Musk offered more than 40 billion US dollars to take over the short message service Twitter in April, the Company management initially dismissed the takeover. However, after the Tesla boss was able to demonstrate that he could actually raise the funds for the purchase, the board of directors approved the deal.

At the beginning of July, Musk decided to withdraw from the deal. He was confronted with misleading information about spam and fake accounts from Twitter. Twitter then sued Musk. And Musk filed a counterclaim. Now the scraps are apparently still flying until the case is likely to be decided in a Delaware court in October.

Will we perhaps even see an out-of-court settlement that will then be revised again?! We can remain curious …

Tarnkappe.info

Related Articles

Back to top button